Associate Professorship in Cross-Cultural Management and Communication
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Cross-Cultural Management and Communication at a newly formed department merging the two current departments of Intercultural Communication and Management and International Business Communication. CBS expects the position to be filled not later than April 2017.
The position requires a senior researcher specialized in researching management and communication in multicultural organisational settings. Moreover, the position requires that the successful applicant should be willing and able to conduct theoretical and empirical research in engagement with actual businesses and organisations and to disseminate research through supervision and teaching in core curriculum courses at BA/BSc-level and MA/BSc-level, such as Intercultural Communication, Communicating across Cultures, Cross Cultural Management and Leadership and Communication.
The new department is formed around interdisciplinary and problem-focused research and is dedicated to developing research-based knowledge that relates to the management and communication challenges businesses and organisations face in an increasingly internationalized environment. The successful applicant for this position is expected to contribute to the collective efforts to further develop these areas in research and teaching. The current strategies of ICM and IBC are available here and here.
The teaching and supervision obligations of the new department include the BA programmes English and Organizational Communication, Intercultural Market Communication, European Business, and the MA programme in International Business Communication, the BSc programmes in Business and Communication, in Business, Language and Culture, as well as the MSc programmes in Business, Language and Culture and Business and Communication.
The successful candidate will
• have documented strengths in researching management and communication in multicultural organisational settings;
• have documented strengths in teaching and developing courses and conduct supervision within the area of cross-cultural management and communication;
• be experienced in working in the field between theory and business practice;
• be experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, problem-driven, team-working environments.
The Associate Professorship is a tenured position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively contribute to the teaching and research activities of the Department.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Contribute to the academic development of the relevant disciplines in both teaching and research,
• Publish through relevant international publication channels and disseminate through scientific communication and research-based teaching,
• Initiate, raise funds for, and coordinating research projects through research groups, networks or individually,
• Communicate findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
• Take active participation in the regular research activities of the department, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences,
• Teach and examine in existing and future CBS programmes, including Executive Education,
• Contribute to the overall development and environment of the Department as well as other administrative tasks across CBS related to research, teaching and other collaborative activities.
• PhD degree in an appropriate field,
• Documented international research production, including publications in internationally recognized journals in the relevant field(-s),
• Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level,
• Documented English language qualifications.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs.
Applicants without appropriate teaching experience will be appointed on a probationary period of up to 1½ years.
Appointment and salary will be according the agreement between The Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
The application must include:
1. A statement of application, including an account of how the applicant envisages her/his contribution to the development of cross-cultural management and communication in research and teaching.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
5. Other relevant documentation, i.e. about experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English, Spanish, German, French or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
An academic assessment committee will review the applications submitted. The committee’s assessment of each candidate will be submitted to the person in question.
Closing date: 1 February 2017
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Please apply by using this link:
and following the “Apply online”-link at the end of the announcement for this position.
Closing date: 01/02/2017
With some 20.800 full and part-time students, 748 full-time faculty members, 239 PhD and 586 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems, culture and languages.